Unifine® Pentips® Plus
Unifine® Pentips® Plus is the world’s first integrated pen needle system comprising the same high quality needles as Unifine® Pentips® but also featuring an integrated needle removal chamber.
Experts agree that a good injection when using injection pens is the immediate removal of the pen needle after injection and replacement with a new needle just prior to injection1,2.
In a study for Owen Mumford by HRW Ltd, Unifine® Pentips® Plus increases needle change when compared to the users existing needle,3 following a good injection routine can help lower the risk of complications associated with needle reuse.4
Unifine® Pentips® Plus uses unique Safe Click Technology™ that indicates when used needles are secured into the locking chamber, providing a convenient solution for needle disposal on-the-go.
Unifine® Pentips® Plus is available in five needle lengths – 4mm, 5mm, 6mm, 8mm and 12 mm – and is compatible with all major diabetes medication injection pens.
- Convenient and easy to use3
- Encourages frequent needle change after injection3, a good injection routine can help to lower the risk of complications associated with needle reuse4
- Contains a quality pen needle designed to deliver a comfortable injection experience
For information on Unifine Pentips Plus compatibility please click here.
1.Diabetes care in the UK, The First UK Injection Technique Recommendations, 2nd Edition.
2. Ginsberg B.H., J.L. Parkes, C. Sparacino: The kinetics of insulin administration by insulin pens. Horm. Metab. Res. 26: 584-587 (1994).
3. Study by Healthcare Research Worldwide 2013.
4. Torrance T. An unexpected hazard of injectable therapy injection. Practical Diabetes International 2002;19:63.