Unifine® Pentips® Plus
Unifine® Pentips® Plus is the world’s first integrated pen needle system comprising the same high quality needles as Unifine® Pentips® but also featuring an integrated needle removal chamber.
Experts agree that a good injection when using injection pens is the immediate removal of the pen needle after injection and replacement with a new needle just prior to injection1,2.
In a study for Owen Mumford by HRW Ltd, Unifine® Pentips® Plus increases needle change when compared to the users existing needle,3 following a good injection routine can help lower the risk of complications associated with needle reuse.4
Unifine® Pentips® Plus uses unique Safe Click Technology™ that indicates when used needles are secured into the locking chamber, providing a convenient solution for needle disposal on-the-go.
Unifine® Pentips® Plus is available in the following needle lengths and gauges; 4mm 32G and 33G, 5mm 30G and 31G, 6mm 31G, 8mm 31G and 12mm 29G – and is compatible with all major diabetes medication injection pens.
- Convenient and easy to use3
- Encourages frequent needle change after injection3, a good injection routine can help to lower the risk of complications associated with needle reuse4
- Contains a quality pen needle designed to deliver a comfortable injection experience
For information on Unifine Pentips Plus compatibility please click here.
1. Trend UK, Injection Technique Matters; Best Practice Guideline to support Correct Injection Technique in Diabetes Care, 2018.
2. Ginsberg B.H., J.L. Parkes, C. Sparacino: The kinetics of insulin administration by insulin pens. Horm. Metab. Res. 26: 584-587 (1994).
3. Study by Healthcare Research Worldwide 2013.
4. Torrance T. An unexpected hazard of injectable therapy injection. Practical Diabetes International 2002;19:63.