Owen Mumford Unveils New Self-Injection Pen for – Infertility Treatment
June 30, 2016 |
Owen Mumford Unveils New Self-Injection Pen for the Administration of Ovaleap®▼ – Infertility Treatment
Built on the proven Autopen®2 platform, providing dosage accuracy
Oxford, UK – 09:00 (GMT) 30 June 2016: Owen Mumford, a global industry leader in medical device design and manufacturing, today unveils a new addition to its range of medical devices, Ovaleap Pen®.
The Ovaleap Pen® is a re-usable self-injection pen which has been designed for Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited for use by it and its affiliates (“Teva”) to administer Teva’s recently approved fertility treatment. The Ovaleap Pen® is CE approved and is Owen Mumford’s first device for the treatment of infertility, in conjunction with Ovaleap®.
Ovaleap Pen® is designed for ease-of-use, accuracy and flexible dosing, featuring:
- A dial-back feature allowing quick and easy correction if the dose is set incorrectly
- A side-button for injection administration with one simple sliding action, for greater ease of use
- A large dosage window with legible numbers that confirms the dose size as figures
- A clear cartridge holder letting the end-user see how much medication is inside
- As Ovaleap Pen® is re-usable, this reduces the need to discard left over medication and minimizes pen waste.
Sian Eden, Account Manager, at Owen Mumford commented, “Ovaleap Pen® is derived from our existing, proven Autopen®2 platform(1) – an injection pen with dose control, created to overcome some of the barriers end-users face when self-injecting. Ovaleap Pen® has been developed with the end-user in mind, supporting accurate dosage. The pen can hold three different cartridge sizes and end-users can adjust their dose by 6.25 microL increments.
Owen Mumford is passionate about developing products that meet end-user needs and address healthcare issues. We’re confident that Ovaleap Pen® will be a convenient and patient-friendly device to support patients going through fertility treatment. Fertility being a major challenge as Europe has the lowest fertility rate in the world(2) and in the UK, one in seven couples will experience infertility issues”(3)
Ovaleap Pen® is now available in several European countries including the United Kingdom.
Autopen® is a registered trade mark of Owen Mumford Ltd.
Ovaleap Pen® is a registered trademark of Teva Pharmaceuticals Europe B.V.
Word count: 325
Notes to editors
- Autopen®2 http://www.omdevicesolutions.com/self-injection/injection-pens/autopen2/
- ESHRE Capri Workshop Group. Europe the continent with the lowest fertility. Hum Reprod Update. 2010. 16 (6):590–602
- Fertility: assessment and treatment for people with fertility problems, National Collaborating Centre for Women’s and Children’s Health Commissioned by the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence, February 2013. Available at: nice.org.uk/guidance/cg156/evidence/full-guideline-188539453 [Accessed Jan 2016]