Owen Mumford Ltd – Modern Slavery Policy Statement
Owen Mumford recognises the provisions of the Modern Day Slavery Act 2015 and will ensure transparency within its organisation and with its suppliers to help meet its legal obligations.
We are committed to ensuring our work environment is free from human trafficking and forced labour and strongly believe that we have a responsibility for promoting ethical and lawful employment practises throughout our supply chain. We will not knowingly support or deal with any business involved in slavery or human trafficking.
As part of our commitment to identify and mitigate risk Owen Mumford and its supply chain are required to adhere to the following requirements:
- Will not use forced or compulsory labour i.e. any work or service that a worker performs involuntarily, under threat of penalty;
- Will ensure that the overall terms of employment are voluntary;
- Will comply with the minimum age requirements required by current legislation;
- Will ensure that Owen Mumford associates are paid with wages and benefits that meet or exceed the legally required minimum and will comply with working time directive legislation;
- Will not engage in any practise of slavery, servitude, forced labour and/or human trafficking outside the UK which would constitute an offence if that conduct took place within the UK; and
- Will encourage any sub-contractors or suppliers from whom they source goods and/or services for incorporation in those supplied to Owen Mumford to adhere to these requirements.
In contractual agreements, we will require all suppliers to ensure they comply with applicable laws and regulations including those in relation to employment conditions, human trafficking or forced labour.
Any associate, contractor or supplier involved in inappropriate conduct or in violation of legislation or regulations, may be subject to corrective action, up to and including termination of employment or cancellation of their contract for goods and/or services.
This statement was approved by Jarl Severn our Managing Director on 1 April 2018
To download a signed pdf copy of this policy statement please click the link Owen Mumford Modern Slavery Policy Statement