Unifine® Pentips® is a range of pen needles developed to provide patients with a comfortable injection experience. Fifty-seven percent of people with Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes intentionally skip insulin injections and a key factor is the fear of pain1.
Unifine® Pentips® pen needles are designed to lower penetration force to support patient comfort and reduce the sensation of trauma.
Unifine® Pentips® are designed to deliver improved comfort during the injection experience by focusing on four areas:
- Precision sharpened needle tips designed to reduce penetration force
- Thin wall technology to improve drug flow, aiding less thumb force and time to deliver the dose, reducing the risk of thumb arthritis3
- Anti-coring treatment at the rear of the needle for clean piercing of the drug cartridge with no fragmentation for effective drug delivery.
- Advanced silicone lubrication designed for a lower glide force – Reducing friction between the needle and patients’ skin, for smoother entry and removal of the needle
Unifine® Pentips® is available in five needle lengths – 4mm, 5mm, 6mm, 8mm and 12 mm – and are compatible with all major diabetes medication pens. They are double sealed for complete protection during fitting.
Unifine® Pentips® Pen Needles
- Peyrot, M. Diabetes Care, February 2010; vol 33: pp 240-24
- Basal thumb arthritis, Richard Dias, Jeevan Chandrasenan, Vaikunthan Rajaratnam, Frank D Burke. Postgrad Med J 2007;83:40-43. Doi: 10.1136/pgmj.046300