Unifine® Pentips® Plus
Unifine® Pentips® Plus is the world’s first integrated pen needle system that utilises the same high quality needles as Unifine® Pentips® but also features an integrated needle removal chamber which offers a convenient option for interim needle disposal after use.
Experts agree that the most accurate routine when using injection pens is the immediate removal of the pen needle after injection and replacement with a new needle just prior to injection1,2.
In a study for Owen Mumford by HRW Ltd, Unifine® Pentips® Plus increases needle change when compared to the users existing needle,3 following a good injection routine can help lower the risk of complications associated with needle reuse.4
Unifine® Pentips® Plus uses unique Safe Click Technology™ that indicates when used needles are disposed into the locking chamber, providing a convenient solution for needle disposal on-the-go.
Unifine® Pentips® Plus is available in five needle lengths – 4mm, 5mm, 6mm, 8mm and 12 mm – and is compatible with all major diabetes medication injection pens.
Unifine® Pentips® Plus Insulin Pen Needles
1. Diabetes care in the UK, The First UK Injection Technique Recommendations, 2nd Edition.
2. Ginsberg B.H., J.L. Parkes, C. Sparacino: The kinetics of insulin administration by insulin pens. Horm. Metab. Res. 26: 584-587 (1994).
3. Study by Healthcare Research Worldwide. (2013).
4. Torrance T. An unexpected hazard of injectable therapy injection. Practical Diabetes International 2002;19:63.
5. Basal thumb arthritis, Richard Dias, Jeevan Chandrasenan, Vaikunthan Rajaratnam, Frank D Burke. Postgrad Med J 2007;83:40-43. Doi: 10.1136/pgmj.046300