HIV 1& 2
Challenges with using current rapid diagnostic tests can impact the reliability
of results 1,2. These challenges can prompt pre-analytical errors, including:
- Choosing the wrong lancet or failing to lance the skin properly1
- Collecting too little blood or transferring it to the wrong place1
- Following the procedure’s multiple steps in the wrong order, mixing up different components or spilling solutions1
These errors may lead to misdiagnosis with consequences for patients.
Simplitude™ Pro is the world’s first professional use rapid diagnostic test with a built in safety lancet, blood collection unit, and test strip. The device has been designed to reduce pre-analytical errors and deliver a reliable result, for overall confidence in giving your patient the right diagnosis. Product launching early 2019.
Simplitude™ Pro HIV 1&2 offers high sensitivity (99.6%) and specificity (99.6%)3
- Built in blood collection unit to transfer the blood sample with ease and reliability
- Built in blood collection tube to collect and transfer the exact amount of blood for confidence and reliability in your result
- Built in safety lancet to simplify the test procedure
- Figueroa C, Johnson C, Ford N, Sands A, Dalal S, Meurant R, Prat I, Hatzold K, Urassa W, Baggaley R (2018) Reliability of HIV rapid diagnostic tests for self-testing compared with testing by health-care workers: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Lancet HIV. 5(6):e277-e290.
- Johnson CC, Fonner V, Sands A, Ford N, Obermeyer CM, Tsui S, Wong V, Baggaley R (2017) To err is human, to correct is public health: a systematic review examining poor quality testing and misdiagnosis of HIV status. J Int AIDS Soc 20:21755.
- Owen Mumford Ltd (2018) Simplitude Pro HIV (1&2) clinical evaluations in Europe and Africa, data on file.